This post is focused on the malicious code which constantly pops up browser windows with adultcameras.info, so learn how this virus acts and how to remove it.
There are tons of X-rated websites on the Internet, but very few of them acquire their user base with the help of malware. The bulk of web traffic to adultcameras.info, for example, is routed by a piece of unwanted software. The infected users are forcibly redirected to that page by a bug that sits in their computers. More precisely, it’s a shady browser add-on or plugin to blame. Predictably enough, this nasty program isn’t installed like a regular browser helper object would be. That is, no sane user would install an application which they know will keep displaying popups with adult materials and redirecting their browsers to a site of that sort. Instead, the payload usually gets dropped into a target system because the user happened to pay insufficient attention when getting some new free file downloader, media player or other program that seems harmless. Free utilities often host drive-by downloads in their setup, mainly because the marketing model implies affiliate revenue in one form or another.
The virus, when inside a computer, adds and activates an obscure script that triggers these popups. Additionally, some preferences in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome may get modified, which makes such settings as the homepage and new tab page hardly customizable. Be advised that commonplace troubleshooting methods such as browser extension management is not likely to help in this case, partly because the bad add-on won’t necessarily be listed on the corresponding browser interface. All in all, you end up being unable to use the infected PC at home and at work when someone else is around. Obviously, this situation requires urgent action. A healthy browser wouldn’t be giving you a hard time like that, so look for malware. The part below provides some optimal repair recommendations.
Automatic removal of the adultcameras.info popup virus
When it comes to handling infections like this one, using a reputable cleaning tool is the place to start. Sticking to this workflow ensures that every component of the adware gets found and eradicated from the affected computer.
1. Download and install the cleaning tool and click the Start Computer Scan button Download Adultcameras.info removal tool
2. The wait is worth it. Once the scan completes, you will see a report listing all malicious or potentially unwanted objects detected on your PC. Go ahead and click the Fix Threats option in order to get Adultcameras.info popup automatically uninstalled from your machine along with all of its modules. This being done, you should be good to go.
Uninstall Adultcameras.info through Control Panel
- From your Windows menu, go to Control Panel. Select Add or Remove Programs (for Windows XP / Windows 8) or Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7)
- Find Adultcameras.info on the list. If it’s nowhere to be found, look for multimedia related programs (e.g. Flash Enhancer) or other odd-looking apps you remember to have installed lately. Select the suspicious one and click Uninstall/Change
Remove adultcameras.info from web browsers manually
The workflow covered below is intended to undo all changes that the Adultcameras.info virus made to Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Be advised there’s some collateral inconvenience you will encounter, namely the loss of all installed add-ons and personalized information (saved passwords, cached data, bookmarks and other content).
Remove Adultcameras.info in Chrome1. Uninstall the Adultcameras.info extension
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select More tools > Extensions
- Find the add-on associated with Adultcameras.info and click the trash bin next to the bad entry
- Go back to Chrome menu and select Settings
- Go to On startup sub-section and activate the Open a specific page or set of pages option. Also, click Set pages
- Locate the Adultcameras.info entry under Startup pages and hit X button next to it
Remove Adultcameras.info in Firefox1. Eliminate the respective add-on
- In Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons
- Hit the Extensions tab and locate Adultcameras.info on the list. Click Remove to get rid of it
- Click the magnifying glass icon in Firefox search box and select Change Search Settings
- Select the search engine to use by default and hit OK to save the changes
removal from Internet Explorer
- Open IE. Go to Tools > Manage Add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions in the navigation pane, locate the items related to Adultcameras.info, including the Adultcameras.info API, right-click each one select Remove in the context menu
- Restart IE and check for symptoms of the infection. If the Adultcameras.info ads are not appearing anymore, then no further action is required. If the adware is still there, proceed to the steps below
- Go to Tools > Internet Options
- Hit the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Make sure the Delete personal settings option on the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog is ticked and click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect
Did the problem go away? Check and see
Computer threats like the Adultcameras.info virus can be stealthier than you can imagine, skillfully obfuscating their components inside a compromised computer to evade removal. Therefore, by running an additional security scan you will dot the i’s and cross the t’s in terms of the cleanup.